Welcome to Unit 1 – Hardware Design!
It is excepted that in this four week unit you will learn:
- The basic function of components from a desktop computer.
- How to identify and label each component inside a computer tower.
- To understand and explain the necessity of peripheral computer devices.
- Examine current trends in computer technology for the home.
- To evaluate the best possible solution to designing a technology plan for a family.
Assessment will be based on:
#1 – Building a Computer – a theory Assignment for the basics in understanding computers – 80 marks (based on correct completion and teacher observation)
#2 – Computer Hardware for a Family – a Project to create a modern technological solution for a family – 160 marks (based on correct completion, in-class collaboration, and a final presentation rubric)
#3 – Reflection/Review – a review of the unit for major components, a reflection on what you learned, and observations on other student projects – 30 marks (based on correct completion)
All work is expected to be uploaded to your blog and when asked, to the teacher hand-in folder.
Week 1 –
#1 – Building a Computer – create a Word document and upload it to your blog
Week 2- 4
#2 – Computer Hardware – Family – create a presentation and spread sheet – send a link to the teacher site (name and link)
#3 – Reflection-Review – answer these final questions, create a reflection, and “snip” comments left on other student blogs
PowerPoint Notes for the assignments:
Copy of Computer Invoice: